Friday, April 15, 2011

Loving Maya Mopan

Today is my two week anniversary of living in Maya Mopan. My Q'eqchi is getting a lot better and I'm not making oval tortillas anymore! I love the slow pace of our community. I like coming home and napping at lunch. I like visiting in the evenings.

Sometimes Americans have a hard time adjusting to the slower pace of life here. We are used to getting things done and seeing the fruits of our labor. In the Peace Corps you must accept the fact that you probably won't see the results of your hard work. It's a humbling reality.

Yesterday I visited my host sister's sister Hilda. She has the most adorable thatch house. I want to live in a house like that some day. We also had an incredible sunset last night. This is a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment